There is no other country in the world, like Sri Lanka. A smiling sun all year round, golden beaches, ancient cities, exciting safaris, colourful culture, adventure sport and lovely people… where else can you get all these in one place
Found at the tip of India, this little exotic island is abundant with marvelous discoveries for any tourist. Be it a journey of exploring the wilderness, an Ayurvedic wellness holiday, a relaxing get-away in the sun, or even that quick business trip, there is something for everyone.
A wonderful mix of modern towns and rural villages, there are star class hotels and boutique villas spotted around the country as the Sri Lankan tourist sector is booming following the end of the civil war in 2009.
* Industry: Rubber processing, tea, coconuts, other agricultural commodities; clothing, cement
* Agriculture: Rice, sugarcane, grains, pulses; milk
* Exports: Textiles and apparel, tea, diamonds, coconut products, petroleum products
* Population: 21 Million
* Capital: Colombo
* Area: 65,525 square kilometers (224 x 432 Km2 )
* Language: Sinhala, Tamil, English
* Religion: Buddhist, Hindu, Christian, Muslim
* Currency: Sri Lankan rupee
Sri Lanka is filled with romantic landscapes, governed by rising mountains, lush forests, ocean like tanks and gushing waterfalls, that it was considered the lost paradise by many a globe trotters, who fell upon the country. The golden beaches of the country had been praised fortheir picture postcard views since eternity. The dusk and dawn and many human activities connected to these times of the day creates a vibrant picture along the coasts of Sri Lanka.